Our Mission And Vision
Our mission is to strategically invest in young people to help them unlock their potentials and build bright futures, regardless of their background or circumstances.
What We Do
At GO Foundation, we support disadvantaged and marginalized young people up to the age of 35 by providing the opportunity to escape poverty through educational grants, skills development and entrepreneurship programmes. GO Foundation creates opportunities for holistic development and empowerment through four key areas: Health, Education, Enterprise and Skills Development.
GO Foundation believes that it is unacceptable for anyone to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard all children, young people and vulnerable individuals we work with. We will do this by creating a safe environment, clear guidance and provide training to our staff, volunteers and other representatives.
GO Foundation maintains an up-to-date Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and provides safeguarding training to all staff and volunteers.
GO Foundation believes that:
- The welfare of the child, young person and vulnerable individuals should always be the paramount consideration.
- All children and young people, regardless of age, disability, gender, religion or belief have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Working in partnership with children, young people, vulnerable individuals, their parents, teachers, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
GO Foundation will seek to safeguard children, young people, vulnerable individuals we work with by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
- Recruiting employees and representatives safely, ensuring that all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing information about child and young person protection and good practice with employees, volunteers and other representatives.
- Ensuring a clear, accessible reporting mechanism that supports all staff, volunteers, children, young people and vulnerable individuals to safely report safeguarding concerns or allegations.
- Ensuring any safeguarding concerns are shared with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Providing effective management for staff, volunteers and other representatives through supervision, support and training.
- Reviewing the policy, procedures and practice annually.
All GO Foundation staff and volunteers will:
- Be able to identify potential indicators of abuse or neglect
- Have read the Safeguarding Policy
- Know their role and responsibilities within their team
- Know how to communicate and record concerns
- Know to act upon concerns in line with the principles and procedures for local child protection management and Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Therefore, all children, young people and vulnerable individuals in contact with GO Foundation will:
- Be treated with respect and afforded full civil and legal rights
- Be listened to and taken seriously, whatever their level of development or communication
- Be given time to do things for themselves, to understand and be understood
- Be involved in decisions that affect them
- Have their privacy respected at all times and in all places
- Have a right to confidentiality – all information about them will be treated carefully, be kept safe and only shared with those people who need to know.
The wellbeing of a child/young person is the paramount consideration in all circumstances.
If you have any questions regarding safeguarding at GO Foundation, please email our Safegaurding Team using email@example.com